The Ghost Girl Diaries

These are the diaries and journals of my experiences as a paranormal investigator. I won't be jumping right in with my name and address, as there are a lot of freakshows on the Web, and I don't want one of them showing up on my doorstep asking to see my ectoplasm, if you know what I mean.

8.05.2009

The Waiting Father Ghost - part 2

It was around 11:30 when we got our first bite, as it were. The EMF detectors started spiking in both rooms. That didn't necessarrily mean anything, as there were power lines running past the house, and the EMF had been a little high the whole time. But sometimes a spike can represent an increased spiritual presence, or a doorway opening between here and there.

At exactly 10:33 pm, the time when the father had received his call many years ago, the phone receiver on the kitchen wall fell off the hook. I'd almost say "jumped" off, but when it did I definately jumped. The professor look at me and raised an eyebrow in that Mr. Spock way.

"Are you here, Bill?" asked the Prof. I just kept my eyes open. "We know you must be going through a bad time right now. WOuld you like to talk about it?"

Nothing. The phone stayed on the floor spinning gently where it fell. It rotated once or twice from the inertia of the fall, and then stayed still.

"We're sorry about your daughter, Bill," the Professor said, again trying to establish communication. To me he whispered, "It might just be a residual."

"I'm sure your daughter misses you," I said in a shaky voice. "If you move on, I'm sure you can join her."

Nothing.

Then Doug burst into the kitchen, out of breath. "You guys should come upstairs. Something big is going on."

"How big?" asked the Prof.

"The windows just frosted over," said Doug. The Prof and I exchanged looks, then ran upstairs.

No comments: