The Ghost Girl Diaries

These are the diaries and journals of my experiences as a paranormal investigator. I won't be jumping right in with my name and address, as there are a lot of freakshows on the Web, and I don't want one of them showing up on my doorstep asking to see my ectoplasm, if you know what I mean.

8.29.2009

Hitch hiking Ghost?

I slept in Mia's room that night. The Professor cracked open his laptop (he carries that everywhere, it seems) and spent the rest of the evening in our living room doing research.



By morning I had gotten only a few hours of sleep, and the Prof looked like he didn't get any. But at least no more ghosts came calling. I made a pot of coffee and set a cup in front of him, then set about making breakfast. I was shooting for omlettes, but ending up making scrambled eggs and salsa.


I sat down across from the professor, and he managed not to become overwhelmed by my morning lovliness. I was wearing an almost too small Batman tee shirt and a pair of sweats that were entirely too big. My hair looked like I had slept in a waffle machine, and the bags under my eyes had bags.

"So is this like the ride at Disney World?" I asked.

"What, 'it's a small world'?" asked the Prof.

"No, dummy. The Haunted Mansion. 'Beware of hitch hiking ghosts. They may just follow you home.'"

"Ah," he said, and closed his laptop. "well, that may be closer than you think."

The professor went on to explain that, although it was rare, sometimes a spirit found a human energy field that it found more interesting than whatever it was it usually did. It could change the location of a haunting. Or, as it seemed in this case, pull something from one location to another.

It might not last for long, but then again it might last as long as I lived. It might be tied to an area I spent a lot of time in, or it may be tied to me.

We'd know soon enough.


No comments: