The Ghost Girl Diaries

These are the diaries and journals of my experiences as a paranormal investigator. I won't be jumping right in with my name and address, as there are a lot of freakshows on the Web, and I don't want one of them showing up on my doorstep asking to see my ectoplasm, if you know what I mean.

7.23.2009

Residuals



The professor gave me some reading material on residual energies. Sometimes, when an event or an emotion is so powerful, it leaves a shadow of itself behind. This residual will usually repeat itself at a certain time and seem more or less unaware of anyone or anything around it. It's like watching a movie.


Except for one thing, the music box ghost was a textbook residual haunting. It goes off at a little after two in the morning, the same time the cousin died from her cancer. I don't know if she ever actually played the music box, or if it was something she strongly craved as she lay dying. The old lady who owns the house told us that she frequently played it for her cousin, who was way too sick to get out of bed. The prefessor says a lot of hauntings are probably just residuals. Especially in older buildings, which often are made from iron, quartz, and slate, which are supposedly good conductors of energy.


The one thing that was strange about the music box ghost, is the way I saw it while half asleep, assuming I really did. The woman seemed to smile at me. That shows interaction.


The Professor thinks I just dreamed her. Maybe I did. But then again, maybe real ghosts don't show up on film. Maybe they can only be seen when you're in some kind of altered state. That would certainly explain why there are so few ghost recordings, and so many freaking fakes. I'll have to do some research on that.

No comments: